A slip and fall accident involves issues of premises liability. In most cases, the person(s) or entity who controls the premises has a duty to make sure that the premises is maintained in a reasonably safe manner. In other words, the controller of the premises may not maintain the premises in a negligent manner. The controller of the premises may be the proprietor, owner, resident, tenant or some other person depending upon the particular facts of the case.
Here are some common dangerous conditions that may lead
to a slip and fall or trip and fall accident:
- Wet floor
- Unreasonably slippery surface
- Uneven surface
- Hidden tripping hazard
- Failure to warn of a hazard such as a slippery or uneven surface
- Negligent floor maintenance
- Irregular steps
- Inadequate lighting (illumination)
- Inadequate or broken handrails
- Distracting views
- Loose floor covering
- Eroded treads
- Misplaced objects
- Unsupervised or unattended hazards
- Un-cleaned spills (especially in grocery stores or restaurants)
- Failure to supervise guests
- Flying objects
Slip and fall injuries are one of the most common types of accidental injuries, and the second leading cause of accidental death in US! Lawyers, Brigham Cluff and David Cluff, make it their top priority to ensure that, if you are seriously injured because of a slip and fall caused by negligence, your case is handled with the kind of care and attention you deserve.
Contrary to popular opinion, slip and fall (or trip and fall) accidents can be deadly serious. A serious slip and fall is no laughing matter – the victim may sustain devastating, life-altering injuries. The accident may also have a devastating impact on loved ones. These are serious cases, and they require serious lawyers. Brigham Cluff and David Cluff will fight to get you the maximum possible settlement or verdict at a jury trial. You may be entitled to money damages for doctor bills, hospital bills, ambulance bills, physical therapy and rehabilitation bills, lost wages and pain and suffering.
Call us for a free initial consultation. There is no fee unless we recover money for you.
There is a wide range of injuries that you may suffer in a serious slip and fall accident. The injuries might range from simple bruising to catastrophic injuries, and even wrongful death.
Here is some further information on different types of injuries that may be suffered in slip and fall accidents:
Types of Slip and Fall Injuries:
- Broken limb
- Loss of limb
- Brain trauma
- Spinal trauma
- First, second and third degree burns
- Wrongful death
Slip and Fall Statistics:
- 25% of all serious injuries in the workplace are a result of slip and fall incidents.
- Slip and fall accidents are the leading cause of accidental death in the work place.
- Slip and fall ranks #2 as cause of accidental death in the USA.
- Slip and falls cause approximately 16,000 deaths each year.